Hi everyone, how is your week going? It is starting to feel like Fall, but I don’t know if it will last. You all seem to be loving our Designer Spotlight section, thank you so much for the positive feedback. It is very exciting!
Today, we are featuring one of Fragments’ extraordinary fine and fashion jewelry talents, Deanna Hamro. Deanna’s fashion collection, made of handmade oxidized sterling silver chain and swarovski crystal is unlike anything out there. Each crystal is set with diamond setting tweezers; her work is so unique, flawless and of course – nothing but chic.
It is boho glam, gypset – all about layering and color, making the maximum impact with your jewelry. Deanna has certainly mastered that and we absolutely adore what she has done and what she continues to do.
Check out what Deanna has to say about her greatest love, favorite jewels, ice cream and much more…
1. What is your greatest indulgence? dark chocolate, flowers and 4″ heels
2. Tell me your biggest fear. routine
3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time? when Serena Williams made her rounds at the various Oscar parties (Vanity Fair & Elton John) in my Pave earrings and Pave necklace.
4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why? 10ct columbian emerald and diamond ring which I waited 6 years to set.
5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up? always mix!
6. Who is your favorite fictional character? bond girls
7. Your greatest love is…my work
8. Who is your hero? those who are happy and optimistic in spit of overwhelming adversity
9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer? (other than yourself) Jar
10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased? The Buddha
11. Your favorite movie? North by Northwest
12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online? Print!!
13. Your favorite ice cream flavor? chocolate
14. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
15. Style icon? Talitha Getty, Audrey Hepburn, Kate Moss
16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be? a diamond pave cuff in the texture of alligator skin with one large diamond slice in the cnter
17. Black or white? white for day, black for night
18. The best part of New York City is…it’s intensity and vibrancy
19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw. my tenacity and passion/procrastination
20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be? something from Wendy Yue
Don’t forget to check out pieces from Deanna’s collection on our website! And for more information, you can call Fragments – 212.334.9588.
Enjoy and have a fabulous day!