Today’s Designer Spotlight is a very special one. Nancy Bacich is a dear friend of Fragments, a fabulous jewelry designer and a whole lot of fun. I am so happy to have her back in our showroom with her edgy and unique creations – handbags, cuffs, layered mesh chain necklaces and of course, her staple item – the mesh wrap bracelet in a bevy of metals.
Right now our absolute favorite of the wrap bracelet collection is this fabulous two tone rose and gunmetal available exclusively on Fragments.com and in our store (116 Prince Street, New York City) through the month of October. Other than it being incredibly chic, feminine, edgy and insanely comfortable, we are so in love with this piece because it’s our way of giving back to something very special. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month – something that we know touches the lives of women worldwide every day. That being said, Fragments has collaborated with Nancy Bacich and Women at Risk in the fight against breast cancer. Women at Risk is an organization that educates and supports women who are at high risk for breast cancer. It is our greatest pleasure to support this cause alongside Nancy Bacich with this wrap bracelet, from which 100% of the profits will be donated to Women at Risk. We welcome and appreciate your support so very much.
1. What is your greatest indulgence? curling my hair
2. Tell me your biggest fear. not curling my hair
3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time? Desperate Housewife Eva Longoria on the Emmy red carpet in a coral gown with my gold mesh frame bag!
4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why? on my birthday I found a citrine and marquesite star ring at a flea market and the dealer gave it to me!
5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up? I’m against that rule to take something off before you leave for the party…I say add!
6. Who is your favorite fictional character? Nasty Lu Lu…by Yves St. Laurent
7. Your greatest love is… my family and friends
8. Who is your hero? my Dad
9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer? (other than yourself) Tony Duquette
10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased? Peggy Guggenheim, my sister Cathy
11. Your favorite movie? Fellini’s La Dolce Vita
12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online? magazines
13. Your favorite ice cream flavor? ice creams counterpart…cookies!
14. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
15. Style icon? KennyKenny, Lady GaGa
16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be? a mesh cross
17. Black or white? black AND white
18. The best part of New York City is… the skyline
19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw. hmmm…that’s too close
20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be? Janet’s personal stash…priceless!
We hope you enjoyed today’s very special Designer Spotlight! Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!